Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sidebar- Nakalele Blowhole-Pictures!

Skipping ahead to day two.....

Since it was overcast that day, we decided to take a drive. I was dying to try Ululani's Shave Ice, so we headed to Lahaina. The shave ice was really delicious! I had it on four more occasions on this trip. The people who work at the two locations that I visited were so nice and friendly (actually, almost everyone we met was...I thought it was just a cliche that Hawaiians said "Aloha" but they actually do! All the time! It's wonderful!) 


We drove quite a distance- all the way to the Nakalele blowhole. I had read about on TripAdvisor forums, so I was aware of the danger- but the little crosses and warning signs kind of freaked us out, and we observed from a very generous distance! There were others, though, that were right down near the hole- yikes! The waves were pounding, so there was quite a bit of "blow"!




The blowhole was a cool detour; glad we saw it. 

The sun was starting to shine, so headed back, stopping at Safeway in Kihei on the way back. Whoa, sticker shock! That was an eye opener! We bought a few breakfast-y things for the room, and it was $130.00. I guess, when everything has to travel by boat or plane....Maui Gold pineapples were only .99, though! 

I took this photo in the Fairmont deli/shop. 



$6.95! For a loaf of bread! Wow!

Headed back to the hotel for some beach time....


No comments:

Post a Comment